Prom is a big event for most girls. It is one that will remain etched in one’s memory decades after one has left high- School and perhaps forgotten all her classmates. Because it is so important, it only makes sense for you to dress like royalty on this one special night of your life. Making the decision to dress like a princess is not the hard part; what’s hard is settling on a dress. There are very many prom dresses to choose from. In fact, the various designs of prom dresses available in the market are countless. If you are at crossroads on what dress to choose, know that you are not alone.
There are many places from where you can draw inspiration for your prom dress. It could be the dress your favorite celebrity wore to a given event. You could even be inspired by a family member, or the fashion sense of a public figure. Regardless of where you draw your prom dress inspiration from, one thing that you must observe is that your dress should be of the current times. Wearing a prom dress that was in fashion in the late nineties won’t do you any good. Here are some of the best prom dresses 2017 that will have heads turning in your direction on your prom.
Best Prom Dresses in 2017
Some of the dress designs that will certainly rock 2017 include classic ball gowns, two- piece dress, floor- length dresses, sleeved dresses and even lace dresses. You will find them in a wide array of colors, and sizes, and they are of different lengths. If you wish to dress up like a princess on your special day, rest assured there are dresses that will transform you into a Disney princess. Here are more detailed descriptions of dresses you should pay attention to in 2017.
- Ball Gown Dress – This dress will make you look spectacular and regal. It comes with an embroidered bead- embellished top. The bottom has trimmed layers of tulle skirts. The designer dresses come in a variety of colors, such as unique combinations of navy blue and silver. They are all long dresses that will completely cover your feet, and drop to the floor. If you want to have the feeling of attending a traditional ball on your prom, this is the dress to wear.
- Mermaid Dresses – These tight fitting dresses will showcase every curve on your body and then go ahead to make you look like a mermaid. They hug your figure really well and spiral to the floor, then end in a magnificent train. The halter top is also embellished with pearls, beads and crystals. They are ideal for when you want to appear taller than you really are. They give the impression of your being taller than you actually are. They also come in different colors, such as navy blue, red, light blue and blush.
- Halter Column Dress – This is a high slit dress that will make you look like a fashion goddess. It has an open back, and is entirely covered in beads. The dress also comes with a large train. It also hugs your body tightly, and comes in a wide variety of colors such as black nude, fuchsia nude, blush nude, sky blue nude and mint nude.
- Neckline Gown – This dress is rather open at the top, which creates perfect space for a stone necklace. The necklace is more than just a mere accessory to the outfit: it is part and parcel of the look. The dress is beaded and has a flared skirt. It also comes in a number of colors, such as silver nude, ivory nude, sage nude, turquoise nude and blush nude.
- 2- Piece Dress – Two piece dresses are also becoming more and more common for proms. The top of this particular dress is crochet- made and its appearance is further enhanced by the use of stunning beads. It is accentuated on the bottom by a tiered organza skirt that makes the dress look like a ball gown. The dress comes in an assortment of rare colors such as champagne nude, aqua nude, blush nude and ivory nude.
- More styles – For more prom dress styles, check these out. You can browse through images of beautiful 2017 prom dress styles.
Shopping for a prom dress can be stressful. But if you know exactly what it is you are looking for, your burden is simplified a hundred fold. After reading this article, you have hopefully set your mind on a particular dress, or have at least had a better idea of what you are looking for in a prom dress. Now all that remains is for you to buy the dress and have the time of your life during your prom.